My message is really that racism has no place in the hearts and minds
of our children.
Before Racism is a comprehensive, integrated, and focused program that works with entire childcare and preschool centers. Four groups are active participants in the Before Racism program:
- Children ages 1–5 years attending preschools or licensed childcare centers
- Preschool teachers and childcare center providers who support the Before Racism program on a day-to-day basis
- Before Racism facilitators/coaches who train teachers and childcare professionals on the content of the program and facilitate group and individual discussions as needed
- Parents of young children attending preschools or childcare centers
Pilot Sites (2022-2023)
- New Horizon Academy St. Paul, MN — Highland Park
- New Horizon Academy, St. Paul, MN — Rice Street
- All Seasons Preschool — Eagan, MN, & Inver Grove Heights, MN
- Child Care of the Berkshires, Inc. — North Adams, MA
- By end of 2023, we will expand to 15 sites, with 25 others under development for 2024.